Friday

Gettin' Fit

I think my pregnancy weight gain has been well documented in this blog, but if not, let's just say I got a little doughy after the NYC Marathon in the last 4 months of pregnancy. I would find myself eating ice cream and cookies when Caroline wasn't even joining in. I was eating like I was pregnant, and gaining a bit of a bump. After the bambinos arrived and we got settled in, my goal was to get in serious shape. I found a gym that does Cross Fit that is about two blocks from my house. This stuff is intense. I come home almost throwing up each and every evening. Sounds fun, no?

Anyway, onto the real story. One night after I came home Caroline noticed my body was retaking the shape of a Greek God she decided she wanted to get back in shape. Considering she was back to her pre-pregnancy weight 13 hours after the babies were born, her issue wasn't losing weight. She wanted to get stronger. And by stronger, I mean she was worried about ever having to lug both baby carriers with babies in them around by herself.

After I came home from Cross Fit last night, I noticed she was in workout gear, the coffee table had been moved, and she was a little red in the face. That means one thing, "At Home Workout Tape" WRONG.

W:You work out?
C:Kind of.
W:What do you mean?
C:Well, I wanted to get stronger, so I did curls, lunges and walked around with the baby carriers.
W:Cool. Why did I just stub my toe on the 8lb dumb bells?
C:I might have put the dumb bells in the carrier to simulate some baby weight...

And...Wylie does Cross Fit and
Weights:
+
Carriers:

= Baby Fit:



No comments:

Post a Comment