Thursday

Sexes, yes please.

It's gender day at the Eagle house. It's also Caroline's 30th birthday...We planned to find out the sexes on her b-day to make it super special.

I was sure I was destined for two girls, most of our friends thought two girls, my brother thought two girls, at one point Caroline had dreams about two girls, and my dad thought two boys, wishful thinking I'm sure.

My biggest fear was 2 girls for a number of reasons...the whole "and twins" Coors Light campaign didn't help.

Anyway, we wanted to find out the sex, but wanted to make it special. We(Caroline) made 2 pink and 2 blue cards and an envelope to place the cards in.


We were going to the doctor and told them not to tell us. After the nurse came in and did her tests and then sneakily discovered the sexes. Next, the Dr. walked in, jellied up Caroline's stomach, and said, "I already know what you guys are having!" As he moves the wand across her stomach, then he confusingly he says, "But I really disagree with what the nurse found"

Unfortunately, the nurse had already sealed the results in the envelope. (Note:When I say sealed, I'm talking Ft. Knox sealed, we found some good stuff so neither of us could cheat until it was time to open this bad boy.) We had to stop the Dr. from opening the envelope, "Don't open it, it's color coded, we'll see it" Dr. jokingly: "Are you guys kidding me...color coded? I'll just step outside and fix this thing" Dr. steps out, pops his head in "I misunderstood what she said...the envelope is right" I don't know if he was kidding with us or not, but disaster averted!

Dr Appointment end time 2:00

Estimated envelope open time 7:00

Amount of time envelope stared me in the face:

5 hours, or, 300 minutes, or 18,000 seconds...it felt like forever.

We had a dinner planned at a friends house, every one was there at 7:00, except my brother who WAS STUCK IN TRAFFIC. On a 1-10 scale I would rank my overall patience tolerance is about a 1. Overall patience with this envelope in hand staring me in the face, negative 3...tops.

Envelope open, Caroline pulls the first card...BLUE.(Sweet, the Coors Light twins song has life again). I pull second card...PINK. Wow...Could not have been better.


Boy and a girl it is. I can handle pink, as long is there is a little blue involved!



No comments:

Post a Comment