Friday

Update @ 34 Weeks

A lot has been going on the past couple of weeks regarding us getting ready for T & A's arrival. I recently realized that I have never been responsible for a kid, other than a wiener dog for more than a weekend. And in less than three weeks, I will be responsible for two....just like that. No tests to pass, no certifications, no instruction manual, nothing, except Facebook(You can always find unsolicited advice from people you don't even know on there)

I put the car seats in. That made it feel real.


Last weekend my brother and some friends got together and we all headed out to the Lakehouse for one last shindig. They brought me tons of diapers, and we had a good time. I'm not allowed to get "blasted" anymore until the babies get here, just in case they arrive unexpectedly, so it was kind of weird telling people that I couldn't beer bong or dunkaroo that weekend. I started feeling sorry for myself, but the next morning I felt awesome and they did not. I win.



This is what 2,000 diapers looks like.


Our 34 week appointment(Thursday Jan. 27) was probably the best one we have had yet. Outside from the babies getting big(Tyler weighing in at 5 lbs 5 ounces and Addison weighing in 5 lbs 6 ounces) we got to see them pucker their lips, taking breaths, and see hair. Caroline and I always joke that I am quite possibly the hairiest being on the planet outside of an ape. So we always joked that Tyler was going to some out with a full head of hair and a beard. Well, no signs of a beard yet but definitely a head of hair. In the sonographers words, "he has a lot of hair, maybe enough for a pony tail." I'm bringing scissors to the hospital, just in case he needs a haircut. The Dr. also told us "you have won the battle, each day they stay in now is just icing on the cake." The Dr. also took Caroline off of "strict bed rest" which means she can get up to fetch her own water and snacks now, but no trips to Target...yet. We left the office high fiving, but no chest bumping. I don't think we could get our chests to "bump" right now.

This picture was supposed to be NFB,(Not For Blog) but it is just too good not to share. This is Caroline at 33 weeks 6 days and he belly is measuring at 41 1/2 weeks. In the words of my father, "They might want to do a re-count on the number of babies in there"

For now we anxiously, nervously, excitedly wait. We only have 20 days left. To me that seems like nothing. To my wife who is carrying 11 pounds of baby that seems miserable. I'm thinking they won't come until they are scheduled, which is Feb 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment