Thursday

35 Weeks and counting

35 weeks has come. Another major milestone in the books, and Caroline is still miserable. She can't roll over, can't sleep, breaths aloud like Darth Vader, and has run out of Friday Night Lights episodes. She killed 4 seasons in 2 weeks. That's 63 episodes, with a run time of 2,746 minutes. That's 45 1/2 hours. This is world record TV viewing at it's finest., folks.

With "Ice-mageddon" falling on the DFW area for the last few days. I have had the pleasure of working from home and supplying Caroline with some much needed (I thought) human interaction. I was wrong. She has perfected this bed rest thing to an exact science. TV schedule, eating, peeing, water breaks, all on a schedule. One day she told me that, "she was an hour and a half ahead of schedule, and it was my fault that her day was going by to slowly." This was the same day she woke me up at 5:30 am to watch Friday Night Lights with her. The only time I ever wake up at 5:30 is to go fishing....or watch Friday Night Lights...and in a couple of weeks change diapers and feed babies.

Every Thursday Caroline has her two doctor's appointments. We have named this weekly event the "Big Outing". It's the only time she gets out of the house and breaths fresh air. Mi Cocina was our lunch destination this week. Caroline was convinced people were staring at her because they "could tell she was a hermit and never gets out of the house" I didn't have the heart to tell her they were staring at her humongous baby carrier she had hidden under a half fastened maternity coat that her belly has out grown.

Week 35 appointment fun facts:
Caroline asked, "Is it normal feeling like the babies are going to fall out of me"
Docs reply, "yes that is normal, if they fall out, call me."

Caroline asked, "If my water breaks, can I shower and then come in to the hospital."
Docs reply, "No".
Caroline's internal thought, "I really need to step up my showering routine in the next two weeks"

Caroline's belly is measuring at 44 - 45 weeks. Go big or go home, right?

PS-Caroline is being a fun-sucker and said no more bare belly pics. If you want to get an idea of how big she is, go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment