Monday

Catching up at 3 weeks!

It's tough to believe, but the kiddos are three weeks old today. I've learned a lot in three weeks, and I've still got some learning to do.

What I've learned:

Diapers-I knew they would roll through these things, but never at the pace it is happening at currently. I will take a diaper off, clean up the plumbing, place another diaper under one of them, then they poop again, remove newer diaper, re-clean, they pee, newest diaper strapped on, and any other "incidents" are ignored. My max is 3 diapers, I refuse to use more than that per change. Addison and Tyler, if you are reading this, the pooping game was funny, but now I'm fighting back! While we are on the subject of diapers, one of the more useful/utterly disgusting inventions is the Diaper Genie. It's genius in how it stores what seems to be thousands of diapers in a little can that is ALMOST odor free(nothing the kids have produced could ever be 100% odor-free), but it is completely disgusting when you pull this see-through trash bag out of the can and have to shamelessly take it out to your garbage. Couldn't they make the bag non-transparent? It's gross...

Wipes-The use of these things that fascinate me the most. I'm serious when I say this, I use more wipes in a day than I take breaths of air. I'm talking 8-10 wipes per kid, per change. Plus, the wipes have you at their mercy, there's no substitute, unless you want to use wash cloths, but then you're stuck cleaning poop twice...once out of the diaper, then once out of the cloth you used...two words, "No thanks".

Monitors-Apparently we bought monitors that were for a couple with a deaf person in the relationship, because not only do they produce sound, but they emit a very bright blue strobe light effect each time a sound is made. Couple the bright blue light with the sound machine the babies use for sleeping that is set on "heartbeat" and it turns our bedroom into a night club. So picture this, we are hearing "ba-boom, ba-boom, ba-boom" out of the monitor, we are also seeing the bright flashes of light in this exact pattern, now multiply that times two, because we are so tired, we each have a monitor on our side of the bed ensuring that one of us wakes up...Don't buy these monitors, unless you're deaf.

Boobs-Like them, always have, will again in the future, but right now I'm tired of seeing them. Caroline is either walking around with ice packs on them, warm cloths, pumping them, or just freeing them. I even saw somewhere that suggested she put cabbage leaves over her boobs to help milk production...Really? How do your boobs know you're wearing cabbage???....never thought I would say this, but I'm over boobs.

Sleep-Forgot what it felt like...so no comment.

As for the babies, they're easy, awesome, and great. I did get milk barfed on and pooped on in about a 30 minute span today, and can 100% say that is a first, but probably not a last.

Here is a public Facebook link of some pics.

This was taken from my phone during our photo shoot by http://www.carolriell.com/ I'll post her version of the pics once we get them.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, my gosh. They are awesome! Gorgeous!

    I agree...Diaper Genie is pointless. If you want my entire list of pointless baby items, just let me know. I could save you HUNDREDS of dollars.

    Also, the cabbage is for when you want to DRY UP milk production, so please don't give any to Caroline unless she wants to stop. Kristi shared that tip with me - I packed my sports bra so full of that stuff it looked like I was breastfeeding two cabbage patch dolls. And sage tea - also for drying up.

    Good luck! I can't wait to read more of your adventures. I shared your link with my sister who is expecting twins this summer - she loves it! Please don't scare her.

    ReplyDelete