Friday

Beware of Apple Juice

At our appointment last week, we told the Doc that Tyler seemed to be "forcing" the issue when it came to going #2. Not only would he turn tomato red, but the "final product" was usually a hard ball of poop. It just looked painful for the poor guy.

Doc suggested adding 1 oz of apple, prune, or grape juice to his bottle twice daily.

Pros:
Apple Juice tastes great, no problem getting the entire bottle down the hatch.
Apple Juice seemed to loosen things up a bit.
Pooping seemed easier and more regular.

Cons: His poop had the the rankest, most foul apple juice scent that you could imagine. I'm talking, smell it through his clothes, I had to cover my nose with my shirt to carry him to change rank. And it was yellow. Just all around bad.

After 3 days of apple juice supplementing, my man pooping with ease, and numerous threats from the nanny, we decided to cut the apple juice from the diet.

I'm not sure that grape juice would have been a better option, but I know one thing, prune juice would have been a horrible idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment