Wednesday

The Hangover-Baby Edition

You know the scene from The Hangover when all of the guys wake up in the penthouse, with a stripper, a chicken, a jungle cat in the bathroom, and Allen has no pants on? Phil wakes up and assesses the situation and says, "What the f*ck happened last night?"(3:35 on this video)




At about 8:00 this morning, I wake up and look at Caroline and my first words are, "What the hell happened last night? As I walked around the house it reminded me of The Hangover scene, but replace beer bottles, chickens, missing teeth, and a flaming chair with empty baby bottles, burp cloths, two disheveled wiener dogs, and crying babies. Last night was a rough one. Not much sleep for anyone. Addison and Tyler started off on different schedules and never got back together. Caroline and I decided to divide and conquer last night. Addison was all mine, Tyler was all hers. Addison and I went from couch, to crib, to rocking chair, back to crib, to Nap Nanny, before she finally decided to settle on the swing at 3:15 am. Once in the swing, we played to "passy game" which is where I put the passy in her mouth, go lay down on the couch and exactly 15 minutes later she spits it out and cries. We went 4 rounds. She won. She did sleep a couple of hours and I tossed and turned on the couch under a pink and white polk-a-dotted baby blanket. Then it was back up at 6:15 for her morning feeding. Caroline had the same experience, but I was out when hers was going on, so not much documentation on their all night partying. I'm sure it's much of the same story, with same results.


As for the disheveled wiener dogs, Saidy wants to be a baby. Every time they get out of one of their sleeping contractions, Saidy is on it. This is Saidy overtaking both of the nap nannies.

A couple of notes from this pic. Yes, I realize both Nap Nannies are pink. Luckily, Tyler does not, yet. We got a bunch of (free) stuff from on of Caroline's co-workers who had twin girls, and have yet to replace the pink cover. Poor guy, already getting run over by his little sister.
Also notice, the slant on the Nap Nanny on the right hand side?
That is because Daisy has burrowed under it.


Both babies are smiling now. Here is Tyler cheesing it up for Daddy.

Addison is still shy with her smiles, but as soon as I get a pic, I will show her some blog love too.

No comments:

Post a Comment