Wednesday

D-Day(or Father's Day)

After my little Mother's Day "slip up", I was hoping Father's Day would come and go without a mention...but I knew that wasn't going to happen. Father's Day turned into Father's Weekend, and am pretty sure(around 35% sure) that Caroline wasn't doing it to remind me of how I overlooked Mother's Day, but to show me how awesome I am at being a father.

Highlighted timeline of my weekend:




Friday Night-NyQuil + no baby monitors + no dogs + guest bedroom solo-(The NyQuil was necessary as I was beginning to feel a bit sick, and even though the babies are sleeping through the night the monitors aren't as distracting, but the listed combination is a recipe for a very solid sleeping night...which has been pretty sporadic over the last few months, and in turn, is very appreciated)




Saturday Morning-Caroline woke me with gift bags and babies in both arms. The babies, because of their limited work experience and limited budget, got me a trophy and coffee mug that said, "World's Best Dad" on them. Tyler got me a card that mentioned farting noises and pull my finger(the kid is already in love with farting noises), and Addison got me a sweet card that was no nonsense and all love. (She's a sweetie) Caroline helped supplement the babies budget with the coolest gift...She had a book printed with tons of pics and stories that highlighted my first 4 months as a dad.


*Note- Each time I open a gift or read a card...the Mother's Day wound opens a bit more and burns a bit deeper. I'm sure (about 35%) that this was not Caroline's intention, but it was always in the back of my mind.


Saturday Mid-Day - Caroline gave me her gift...which was a pool. Well, we rented a pool for the Summer, but what an awesome gift. Because we still can't decide if we want to move, or have a pool when we do move, we just rented one for the next few months, to stay out of the heat and have something to do, and to make sure Tyler isn't allergic to water.


*Dagger getting deeper...burning


I think the kiddos liked it though...

Saturday Evening-I got to nap after the margaritas...er, I mean after the pool. And it was a real nap...in bed, doors shut, fan on high...

Sunday-My Dad and Unc T(Ty) came out and we all went to brunch, came home, played with babies, and I napped all day. (I was honestly sick all day, and each time a coughed or sneezed I thought about how I might have made a deal with the devil for under-celebrating Mother's Day #1, and this was going to be my punishment each and every Father's Day from here on out...)

Sunday Night-Another date with NyQuil and the guest room.

Needless to say, after all of the sleeping, cards, gifts, and celebrating...Father's Day #1 was great.

I'm still sure (about 35%) that Caroline was doing it out of love.

1 comment:

  1. You know, the best way to make-up for a 'missed' Mother's Day is to celebrate (again)any other random day. (We do it for 'birthdays', aka bad days) Your 65% uncertainty level--which will haunt you until the next! will go to eh, 1. :)

    ReplyDelete